Tuesday 3 February 2009

I'm nerdier than you, ner ner ner ner ner

I decided to have a go at the nerdtest thing that seems to be doing the rounds on several LD blogs.

However, about half way through I got so annoyed about the American assumptions in it (i.e., How much do you watch Jeopardy?) despite it asking which continent you are from that I gave up! I contend that makes me more nerdy than all of you! :)

Yes, yes I know it was a bit of fun...

But seriously, I get unreasonably annoyed at doing surveys that try to pidgeonhole me (I know that's the point of surveys and this one was tongue in cheek).

I get frustrated if I do a survey that has a non-complete list of options and then no "none of the above" or "other" category and then it doesn't let you proceed unless you pick one.

An example:

Have you in the last year:

a) Had a baby
b) Moved house
c) Moved jobs
d) Retired

Next>>

Error: You must pick one

But I can't! Arrgghh!!!

I'm sure this not wishing to be enslaved by conformity must speak for my Liberal credentials or something...

No comments: